Friday, May 1, 2020

Verses from newspaper stories by @PatriciaMazzei @thomasfullerNYT @KendraWrites @henryfountain @Fahrenthold and @greene



Frustrated by Crowds, Coastal States Weigh What to Do About Beaches

I wanna go down to the beach today/and let the rip tide carry troubles away/I wanna get sand in my shoes and bask/without wearing any ol' medical mask/And though I'll catch something there sooner or later/I'll have a suntan in my own ventilator!



A Satellite Lets Scientists See Antarctica’s Melting Like Never Before

There used to be a continent down at the cold South Pole/But lately it has melted, leaving nothing but a hole/The penguins now are homeless and the seals just drift about/The krill have bought a condo and the skua all have gout/Man has caused this quandary and I wouldn't blame the whales/that used to hang around there if they slapped us with their tails.



Secret Service paid Trump’s D.C. hotel more than $33,000 for lodging to guard treasury secretary

When it comes to lavish moochin'/no one beats ol' Steve Mnuchin/Livin' in a hotel suite/without regard to balance sheet/Who foots the bill he doesn't care/as he coifs back his slick black hair.



Amazon sales soar as coronavirus-worried consumers shop from home, but costs rise

I don't like shopping at the store/the masks and gloves are such a bore/the lines are long and tempers thin/it gets right under my pink skin/I'm only shopping online now/I think I'll order me a dhow.






No comments:

Post a Comment