Monday, May 4, 2020

Photo Essay: Postcards from my Kids. "I woke up singing Happy Birthday to anyone who was there."


In today's batch of postcards I find that Adam has apparently broken his nose and had surgery on it -- I had forgotten all about that, and can't fill in any of the details for avid readers or history buffs. He mentions how cute the nurse is, but since she is "about 24 or so" he gives her a pass.
I sometimes wonder if any of my kids, or grand kids, are going to become famous. In this day of the Influencer with a million followers, it's not too hard to do it. I've been 'famous' several times -- once for my fight with Michu, the World's Smallest Man; once when I was on the Tonight Show; once when not one but two New York Times reporters did stories on my topical light verse;  and several years back when I was fired from Nomen Global when the boss thought I was encouraging the LGBT agenda because I wrote a company blog about homophones.
When I gaze into my crystal ball I fondly predict that Katrina, Adam's daughter, is going to make the Torkildson name famous again -- probably as some kind of artist/entertainer. She has an elfin quality about her, along with an iron determination to have things her own way, that could lead to great things. Or to immense heartbreak.









No comments:

Post a Comment