Thursday, May 7, 2020

Verses from stories by reporters Abha Bhattarai, Robyn Dixon, Patricia Cohen, and Tiffany Hsu.



Neiman Marcus files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
@abhabhattarai


another great department store/has gone and dropped right through the floor/I never shopped there anyways/I didn't need to buy a chaise/or monocle or cloth of gold/so moth eaten is my billfold/But it was fun to dream awhile/that Neiman Marcus was my style.



Putin knows how to rule Russia as an autocrat. But he seems on the sidelines amid coronavirus crisis.
@RobynDixon__

Putin never acts too odd/
when around a firing squad/
He will bare his chest with ease/
but doesn't do well with disease/
He remains a bit too vague/
when it comes to treating plague/
The only virus he can grasp/
are the ones his hackers clasp.


For Workers, No Sign of ‘What Normal Is Going
 to Look Like’
@PatcohenNYT   @tiffkhsu

What good's a mask upon my face/
when there's no work around the place?/
I'd shine my shoes, but what's the use?/
I feel just like an old caboose/
No Zoom for me; computer screens/
are empty -- I eat pork & beans.
So don't tell me we're on the mend/
(but could a few bucks you please lend?)



No comments:

Post a Comment