Monday, May 25, 2020

The spirit of political contention



The Church's New Symbol Emphasizes the Centrality of the Savior


 For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another.
3 Nephi  11:29


Our peaceable walk in the Kingdom of God
makes the world wonder just how we are flawed.
They puzzle and ponder that we try to smile
when asked by the Lord to tread one extra mile.
Instead of complaining or venting our spleen,
we look to the Savior with hope ever green.
I never am perfect, and may blow my top;
then onto my knees I will very soon drop
to pray my contention and anger may cease
so I can resume interacting in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment