Thursday, February 25, 2021

Prose Poem: Lake Erie.

 



As America becomes more partisan

and divided,

I have found a way to become

filthy rich.

It's a simple case of adopt

and then adapt.

Since everyone is sticking up

for their rights and no longer

fears being disagreeable,

our nation's infrastructure has 

come unraveled.

My company's solution:

the extendible flag pole.

When a governor wants to honor

some dead liberal or conservative

by lowering the flag to half mast,

there's always a riot and legislative

deadlock.

My poles solve the problem

by leaving the flag in place,

and sending the pole up another ten

feet or more.

In other words,

you don't move the flag --

you move the pole.

I've got orders from every state in the Union --

and Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia.

And I'm going to use my wealth

to buy Lake Erie and drain it

 for a parking lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment