Thursday, February 18, 2021

Today's timericks.

 



The age of applesauce is here/there's no more steak for me, I fear/Soda crackers are but scant/comfort for no fried eggplant/Schlag and chocolate cake recede/from my plate with cheerless speed/What good are teeth remaining firm/if all I munch on is wheat germ?


Who says a toxic workplace/is bad for staff morale/I've never liked my bosses/to think they were my pal/I like to have my grudges/whenever I'm at work/I get more done when knowing/that everyone's a jerk/If you want easy living/a beach bum you should be/Don't work for corporations/sans animosity.


When hedge funds buy a newspaper/ reporters mourn in droves/They know they'll soon be out of work/to beg for daily loaves/The newsroom will be gutted/and the coverage will shrink/until real news becomes as rare/as the missing link/As long as hedge funds make a profit/for their old stockholders/no one cares if local news/ turns around and moulders.



No comments:

Post a Comment