Sunday, February 14, 2021

Today's Timericks.

 



I love a hard boiled egg or two/the problem is what do I do/to peel the shells without mishap/I always turn 'em into scrap/the shell and egg so intermixed/that enjoyment sure is nixed/Guess I'll fry 'em up instead/and let cholesterol strike me dead.


Republicans have good digestion/they can swallow garbage ripe/but their innards couldn't handle/Donald Trump's decaying tripe/Some now are regurgitating/all his poisonous baloney/willing to put up with colleagues/nascent acrimony. 


A poet's life is awful sweet/if you ignore the balance sheet/My reputation may improve/but not my money market groove/My idle verses gather moss/but what care I -- I have no boss/My only goal is someday that/I'll pen a new "Casey at the Bat."  

No comments:

Post a Comment