Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Today's Timerick: Microsoft’s New Security Chief Says It Is Time to Take Shelter in the Cloud. (WSJ)

 

This superstitious world remains

bound in unenlightened chains;

folks believe in screwy things,

and give their folly potent wings.


Take, fer instance, this here cloud -- 

that people talk of long and loud.

I have asked some right smart folk

just how this thing is not a joke.


When explaining it to me

it seems to be a fantasy;

a web of nonsense, which I fear

would puzzle even Edward Lear.


Keeping data without holder;

not one blessed paper folder.

I think it uses beans and franks

for powering computer banks.


It's a network of some sort

and tracks a lot of child support.

My experts call it platform based,

where nothing ever is erased.


Online nostrum, cyber claptrap;

to me it's merely all darn crap pap.

I'll stay analog, hard copy;

I'd rather be secure tho sloppy!



No comments:

Post a Comment