Sunday, November 4, 2018

Fools Before God




. . . and consider themselves fools before God . . .
2 Nephi. Chapter 9. Verse 42.

As vast and wide as all the stars, as deep as cosmos goes;
the Lord God is omnipotent and all that is He knows.
The past and present, what is to come, are right before His eyes;
what mortal fool would dare to think to be as great and wise?

Yet some have thought they could compete with Jesus Christ on high;
that what they thought and did and said made glory their ally.
The Earth can hold no wisdom, nor power like the Lord's.
A fool cannot dispute that, with swelling words or swords.

I know I am a fool, oh Lord, before Thy shining throne;
that I lack any power to exalt myself alone.
Have mercy on my ignorance and lead me with Thy grace,
that I, a clown, may someday see Thy keen and loving face!

No comments:

Post a Comment