Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Today's timericks

 




My fridge is full of leftovers/I don't know what to do/Some are green and some are red/and some are sickly blue/I forget to label them/or scribble on a date/and I'm afraid if I partake/I'll meet an awful fate/I wish I had a pig or goat/to feed these odd and ends/but since I don't I'll give 'em to/my many hungry friends.


The evil that men do lives on/unless a Don Quixote/is put into position/and can lawmaker's proud vote sway/Here's hoping Biden finds a way/to undo Trump's misconduct/without a Congress bent awry/that only wants to obstruct. 



Known as robotic process automation, or bots, the software is typically designed to handle a range of routine office tasks, such as processing payroll data or expense reports, and fielding call-center queries. More advanced bots can review more complex paperwork, including legal documents and contracts.  (WSJ)

When I go to a big box store/there ain't no people anymore/It's automated and there's lots/of things that they are calling 'bots'/to take my order, answer questions/and ignore my fine suggestions/Algorithms have succeeded/in making me feel so unneeded.  


The work of vastation across our fair nation/continues amain, so I see/In Frisco the school board acts just like a fool board/and uses their judgement beastly/We might as well number all statues, schools, lumber/and anything else with a name/so Dame Controversy will show us some mercy/so we can be dumb and carefree.


Keep your iPhone from your pacemaker/the medicoes all say/otherwise you'll get a shock/that takes your breath away/Those crazy wavelengths clashing/as you take a call or two/will make your implant stutter/and your face turn brightly blue/You seniors with heart problems/there no need to flip your lid/just throw away your iPhone/and go off the frickin' grid. 



No comments:

Post a Comment