Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Today's Timericks: Texas Lawmakers Move to Drop Most Handgun Licensing Requirements (NYT)

 



I read where money's pouring down/upon the Feds in DC Town/the taxes paid this year surpass/the growth of even pampas grass/I hope another stimmie check/is in the works for this redneck/cuz I done spent my last few cents/buyin' food and payin' rents.


In Myanmar good poetry (unlike this wretched piece of mine)/is powered by a moral force and savored like the finest wine/And so the autocrats agreed to put their poets all away/to keep Rangoon a wasteland where liberty can never stay.


everybody's got a pet/so they need to use a vet/they, in turn, have boosted fees/now they're banking overseas/don't invest in higher techs/horse doctors get bigger checks. 


Alexander, called the Great/conquered lots of real estate/till his soldiers did rebel/telling him to go to hell/they did yearn for the Aegean/never more to go sight-seein'/so they quick marched back to find/their wives had all turned nonaligned.  


Texas Greg is packin' heat/all common sense he sure has beat/Any Texan worth his salt/can buy a handgun with no-fault/the Governor is proud to guide/his people to more homicide.


In my foolish middle age/I yearned for fame with steady rage/for interviews and viral force/and money to prevent divorce/But now I'm old and fat and shrewd/I only wish my prunes be stewed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment