Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Narrative Poem: My arms are your legs.

 

It was time to elect a new leader.

The old one had gone to Nugget City,

Nevada.

True, there was only one candidate --

as always.

But I liked his campaign slogan:

"My arms are your legs!"

 So I voted for him, and he won.

 He was voted leader an unprecedented

three times in a row.

Those were good years for us.

The rains came. The cattle fattened.

Corn stalks grew out of people's ears.

Wall Street and Silicon Valley made

everyone rich -- if you were a certain type

of person, that is.

And if you weren't, the government 

gave you food and money.

 "My arms are your legs"

 was the watchword to prosperity

and contentment.

Schools stayed open. Cars ran

on CBD oil. My eczema 

cleared up.

Then a new leader rose up.

And there was civil war.

Because the opposer's 

campaign slogan was:

"My legs are your arms!"

This confused people. 

Inflamed them.

After the civil war was over,

only a few of us remained.

The state of Delaware was 

annexed by Russia.

My electric toothbrush broke.

Everyone stayed home to

watch golf on TV.

There are no more

boba tea shops. 

But the sun still rises

every other day

and babies are still born

with spinach in their mouths.

So hope is still with us.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment