Monday, May 23, 2022

Today's Timericks: Biden Says U.S. Would Intervene Militarily if China Invaded Taiwan (WSJ)

Biden Says U.S. Would Intervene Militarily if China Invaded Taiwan  (WSJ) 

Biden's talking tough again:

If China bothers Taiwan, then

we'll send in soldiers, bombs, and planes,

to give Beijing some growing pains.

And if, by chance, our troops go down,

we'll just invade ol' China Town!

 

 The Stock Market’s Drop Is Hitting Many 401(k)s Harder This Time

(WSJ)

My 401(k) is a mess;

I'll be on welfare soon, I guess.

If it keeps dropping like a stone

I'll have to live on just ozone.

Whoever's managing my fund

don't know the meaning of 'fecund.'


The Average Age of Vehicles on U.S. Roadways Hits a Record 12.2 Years

(WSJ)

My vehicle is old, like me;

the engine's slow and filled with ghee.

The tires are so bald they slide

like I am on a mountainside.

I keep it, not from loyalty,

but because of poverty!


Hello? Hello? Is This Facebook? Anybody There? (Nope.) Users with account problems go to extreme lengths to reach someone, anyone, for customer service; ‘I have never been able to speak to a human’

(WSJ)

I have lost my self control

as I deal with some black hole

on the phone to rectify

product issues gone awry.

How I wish those distant goons

were buried under rabid prunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment