Thursday, May 26, 2022

Today's Timericks: Putin’s Powerful Orthodox Church Ally Helps Cement Russian Support for War (WSJ)

 

In the name of God warfare

is pretty much waged ev'rywhere.

If I were God I'd be confused

at how my name is often used

in killing children innocent

to prove some zealot's discontent. 


I do not care for email;

I'd rather get a letter.

When it comes to internet

I'm never a go-getter.

I like to hold newspapers;

no online stuff for me.

When it comes to digital

I'm all antiquary. 

 

In the morning I am bright;

but an inert lump at night.

All the world's my oyster, as

the sunrise gives me great pizzazz.

But the setting sun will find

I have fallen way behind. 

At night I'm nothing but a grouch

until I'm laid out on my couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment