Friday, May 27, 2022

Personal Essay: My Day. Friday. May 27. 2022

 

 

This is the day we were supposed to get sealed in the temple here in provo, until the damn bedbugs intervened. once the kids found out we had bedbugs they refused to come see us, refused to let us into their homes, and said we should postpone the sealing a few months, until the bedbugs were eradicated, so they would feel free to give us hugs after the sealing ceremony.

we've had the exterminator over twice, and the bugs are still with us. I want to throw out the whole bed, but amy wants to keep it, since our son steven gave it to us. we slip in our recliners now, and it gives us terrific shoulder pains.
so today I was broiling chicken at 5 in the morning to serve for lunch, but the parchment paper it was on caught fire and set off the smoke alarm, which woke up amy who was still asleep in her recliner. we decided not to go back to sleep but to walk to the Rec Center instead. it was a cool morning -- too cool for amy to walk; she got a sweater and we drove there. we took the shallow pool aqua aerobics class -- at least amy did; I was in and out of the class for an hour, going back and forth between the pool and the hot tub. I love the hot tub.
then we camehome and served chicken teriyaki and chilled soba noodles to anyone who came to our door at 11 a.m.  only two people showed up.
now I've dumped a coupla cans of beef stew and kidney beans into a big pot and am warming it up for dinner at 5 p.m. amy is going to make pumpkin biscuits. we'll see how many moochers show up for that free meal.
this afternoon we stopped at home depot cuz amy wanted a new filter for our a.c.  but they didn't have the right size, so she bought a big filter and is cutting it down to size.
we also stopped at the post office for postcards. I sent Biden a postcard today, with one word on it:  cockalorum.  look it up.
Did I mention our tires are bald and we need new brakes on the Kia?
Gonna cost around 500 bucks total.  Phooey.
Luckily, amy and I are processing a lot of content sausage, at 5 dollars per article. it takes us about 15 minutes to produce a 600 word  content sausage, using things like copyscape and quillbot.
I just finished 500 words on The Future of Sports is in the Cloud. Amy will proof it and send it to the client. While she's doing that I'll get a five minute nap in my recliner. I hope to heaven there are no bedbugs in it! the guy was here yesterday spraying everywhere, but today we've found bedbugs on the bed, in the bathroom and on the living room wall. i'm sure there's a few i the carpet. amy is vacuuming as I finish this missive.
That's all for now.
Heinie Manush.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment