Friday, December 21, 2018

California ID Cards Rejected by Feds -- Another Mill Town Bites the Dust -- Deformed Hershey Kisses



But the federal government said in a Nov. 21 letter to the agency that two such documents are needed. The DMV has also sent letters to applicants that they must return to complete the process.  by Patrick McGreevy for the LATimes.


Make up your mind, DMV;
do I have a legal ID?
If it is a fraud,
I"ll holler by gawd
and move back to old Tennessee.

******************************

For more than 170 years, employees at the Woolrich woolen mill in Woolrich, Pa., have shut down production between Christmas and New Year’s. This year, the mill will stay closed.
by Ruth Simon for the WSJ


A further stale mill has shut down;
another American town
bereft of good jobs
is loaded with mobs
with nothing to do but melt down.

***************************************

Hershey’s Kisses, particularly the holiday-themed ones, have been turning up with broken tips — and it is leaving a sour taste for some fans of the foil-wrapped confections.   by Lindsey Bever for the Washington Post

A Hershey with a broken tip
leaves a quiver on my lip.
Can't there be one perfect form
the cockles of my heart to warm?
 Next I s'pose my candy cane
will lack red stripes and taste all plain.
Should Santa my spritz cookies spurn,
no eggnog will I ever churn . . . 

********************************






No comments:

Post a Comment