Friday, September 13, 2019

Verses from Headlines in the Washington Post * He thought he might lose his job. So he brought an emotional support clown to work. * Trump blamed energy-saving bulbs for making him look orange. Experts say probably not. * For the first time in 13 years, a full moon rises this Friday the 13th.




The next time that I lose a job
instead of sitting down to sob
a good buffoon I will employ
to make my firing a joy;
since scared my boss is of the clown --
I'm hoping that his heart shuts down.

*****************************

No matter what light's in the place,
 the Donald's got a funny face.
It may be orange, maybe green;
it's sure the strangest ever seen
in the White House since Ol' Abe
(who never got fresh with a babe.)

**************************

 Superstitious I am not;
black cats with no curse are fraught.
Broken mirrors mean much less
than a blade of watercress. 
Stepping on a sidewalk crack
will not break my mother's back.
Still, I'd rather not tempt fate
by ever guessing my wife's weight.


IMG_20190913_055910539.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment