Friday, September 27, 2019

Verses from Stories in Today's Washington Post -- A man kissed a reporter on air against her will. He’s facing harassment charges. -- Effort to shield Trump’s call with Ukrainian leader was part of broader secrecy effort -- A woman collected Social Security benefits while her mother’s body decayed in a tub.




Never kiss reporters on the air, or even off;
otherwise a bitter cup you certainly will quaff.
If you show affection to the Fourth Estate at all,
they will cause a media and legalistic squall.
Journalists are prickly folk, who uphold steely views
on their firm position in the world of nightly news.
Do not send them flowers or a box of candy either --
otherwise you'll find yourself in jail, taking a breather.
@KnowlesHannah

************************************************


Presidents keep secrets like the honey that is kept
by busy bees in their own hives -- at which they are adept.
A secret is delicious, and it's fun to keep it hid;
and if it is extracted then the bees will flip their lid.
So let the poor man have his fun with puzzles by the score.
He'll soon enough be leaving for new digs in Ecuador . . .
@jdawsey1 @CarolLeonnig

***********************************************

I do not think I'd mind it if my kids collected dough
for me from the Feds while I did crumble nice and slow.
That little streak of larceny that's in my genes would like
to see that Uncle Sam was diddled by my own sweet tyke.
After all, the government takes more than it deserves
and always will have plenty in their underground reserves.
I'd gladly testify at trial, a ghost that makes men quake,
that with me as their father all my kids deserve a break!!
@lateshiabeachum


"You can't make poetry without breaking eggs."

No comments:

Post a Comment