Saturday, September 21, 2019

Verses from Headlines in the Washington Post -- North America has lost 3 billion birds in 50 years -- The biggest Arctic expedition in history is launching for the North Pole -- Google and Facebook’s latest efforts to ‘save’ journalism are sparking debate.





@karinbrulliard

Soon the only tweets around
will be on our cell phones found.
 Feathered friends, you've been betrayed
by the poisons we have sprayed.
We have stole your habitat
and unleashed the feral cat.
I'm uneasy when I think
of your feelings on the brink.
Maybe Hitchcock's film we'll view
as a prophecy come true!

********************
@sarahkaplan48

On the ice floes near the Pole
scientists are wont to stroll,
looking for a penguin cute
or a brand new arctic newt.
Bundled up in heavy furs,
they are frostbite connoisseurs.
How they'll make reporters tingle
if they unearth old Kris Kringle!
I hope they do not plan to stay,
since all of it will melt away. 

************************

When I want the front page news,
online's where I oft peruse.
Google and the Facebook gang
give it me with quite a bang.
Newspapers are too old hat,
lecturing like autocrat.
I prefer my facts be lite --
not too true, but with a bite.

@mariecbaca


No comments:

Post a Comment