Friday, September 27, 2019

Verses from Stories in Today's New York Times -- As Republicans Face Impeachment Dilemma, Romney Is a Lonely Voice of Concern -- Where Do We Stand on the Exclamation Point? -- Meet the Millionaires Helping to Pay for Climate Protests.




A dog owner who owns a mutt
that bites him a lot in the butt
in loyalty will
refuse it to kill;
which leaves Romney in a bad rut.
@jmartNYT

*******************************************


Please do not ever dictate
ways that I must punctuate!
You cannot anoint
my exclamation point
as something that is second rate!
@emmabgo

****************************************

It must be nice to have the dough
to put on any kind of show
or protest that your whimsy feels,
'gainst plastic straws or automobiles.
If I were rich I would protest
how we are spelling 'Bucharest.'
They ought to use a 'k' to spell
that Slavic city known so well.
I'd bribe the media by the ton
until my case I'd smugly won.
And then fly off to warm Saint Kitts
for eye candy and white wine spritz.
@jswatz




"This guy's about as funny as pickle flavored bubblegum."



;


No comments:

Post a Comment