Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Google now has mapped the world.





Google Maps, Apple Maps and Waze have done their share of shaping society since coming to smartphones in the early 2000s. In trying to help drivers get around faster, they’ve transformed once-quiet residential streets into bustling cut-through routes. They also may have made overall traffic worse, burdening some routes with congestion they weren’t built to support, some researchers say.
Brittany Shammas. Washington Post.
Google now has mapped the world;
there is no place to hide --
no matter if you're in Nepal
or on the River Clyde.
The satellites will spot you
and transmit locality;
the whole world then can track you
as you swig some cheap Chablis.
But I think I can fool 'em
and elude their broad dragnet 
by dressing up in spinach
with a little vinaigrette.
They'll think I am a salad
and ignore me like a shrub
(unless,of course, I'm spotted
by somebody like Grubhub!) 





No comments:

Post a Comment