Saturday, April 29, 2017

Kindness to all

“As we earnestly strive to be true disciples of Jesus Christ . . . There will be no disparity between the kindness we show our enemies and the kindness we bestow on on our friends.”
Robert D. Hales

I’ve treated all my enemies with silence and disdain;
My friends receive warm words of praise as sweet as sugar cane.
To find some kindness in my heart for those who damage me
Is harder than to skate on mud or climb a thorny tree.
Yet Jesus has been very clear upon this subject -- when
He says to love my enemies can I respond “Amen?”
I’ll keep trying, Lord, to offer honey and refrain
From judging and condemning those who give me naught but pain.
Since thou dost make it rain upon the good and bad alike,
I’ll try to keep my charity from going out on strike!

No comments:

Post a Comment