Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Restaurant Review: The Smoking Apple, in Lindon Utah



I needed to go to Lindon, to the Map Store, to complete my wall map collection -- Mexico and Minnesota. I've already got Scandinavia, Great Britain, and Thailand, up on my apartment walls -- with the addition of Minnesota and Mexico I have now completed my personal geography. Except for North Dakota -- where I lived a total of six years. But that map can wait a long, long time . . .

Daughter Sarah drove me up to Lindon, with grand kids Brooke and Lance kibitzing in the back seat. In return I took them all to lunch at the Smoking Apple on State Street in Lindon. It's barbecue and sides the way it's supposed to be done -- rib sticking and generous.




Sarah had the rib platter. I had the two meat platter (brisket and Cajun sausage.) The kids had chicken nuggets and mac & cheese. The sweet potato fries are dipped in white sugar after they've been fried, which made them taste better to me. But Sarah shares the prejudices of all younger people who believe sugar is a gateway drug to heroin. The kids loved their meals; Sarah enjoyed her ribs; and I gobbled down as much of mine as I could without bursting my gizzard.




The whole shebang, with fountain drinks, came to $32.00. And I took home enough in my doggie bag to make a toothsome dinner tonight or possibly a decadent brunch tomorrow morning. I'm giving this place 4 juicy burps. If you need a carnivorous injection stat, this is the place to go and riot in red meat.

The staff is quick and friendly, and even the restroom knew my nickname --


No comments:

Post a Comment