Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Restaurant Review: El Mexsal in Provo




El Mexsal is at 325 S. Freedom Boulevard in Provo. I and a Young Lady of My Acquaintance got there at 12:06 and the place was packed. We had to sit next to the drafty front door. But I can understand why this place is packed. Their combination of Mexican and Salvadoran vittles is unpretentious yet muy deliciosa. And the price is very reasonable.





The Young Lady and I had both plain and stuffed tamales and pupusas chock full of cheese, pulled pork, and onion. Along with fountain drinks and chips w/salsa. They brought us a big jar full of pickled cabbage -- very spicy but just the right thing to put on the pupusas. All for $14.75. CHEAP DATE RENDEZVOUS, SINGLE GUYS!




This is a bare bones kind of place -- nothing fancy on the walls, with utilitarian tables and chairs. But the staff knows their comida. And even though we got there at rush hour, it only took 20 minutes from the time we placed our order to the moment the goodies arrived. I'm giving this place 4 Burps. Don't bring your boss here (unless he's a folksy nonpareil along the lines of Lincoln) -- but for Family Home Evening or a cheap date this should be your Home Away From Home. The Young Lady of My Acquaintance eats here often. I'm glad she recommended it for our tryst.



No comments:

Post a Comment