Thursday, April 6, 2017

Restaurant Review: Zubs, of Provo



Zubs is located at 684 North Freedom Blvd in Provo. It's a storefront sandwich/pizza place -- no ethnicity allowed, if you please. The inside seems huge and barren, with a black painted ceiling and a harsh unfiltered light bursting in through the store windows. The place has the ambiance of a better class train station.


The wait staff is all young and perky. They give you heartburn with a smile. I ordered their April Special -- grilled chicken sub with a mayo/artichoke spread and tomatoes. It comes with a fountain drink and chips. $7.89.



It was disappointing. All I could taste was the bread. There was very little chicken and the mayo/artichoke spread was anemic bordering on extinct. If you're a bread lover, then I guess this would be a fine place to come eat. And I can't pass judgement on the pizza, since I didn't have any. But I noticed that most of the customers were ordering and consuming mass quantities of pizza, not subs. I want to be fair to these people, so I'll probably come back another time to test out the pizza. But the subs are definitely sub-standard. Don't waste your money or time on them.



Their motto is: "If it's not a Zub, it's just food!"  From my experience eating there today I suggest they amend it to: "If it's not a Zub, it just might be food!"

No comments:

Post a Comment