Thursday, January 4, 2018

Ledes & Limericks. Thursday January 4 2018



The spit-roasted chicken emerged as a supermarket staple in the 1990s,
paving the way for the array of prepared foods that grocery stores sell today.
Now they are many grocery stores’ best-selling hot food item and a rare bright spot
in an industry struggling to adapt to a shift away from packaged foods.  From the Wall Street Journal.


I think that I shall never see
A bird on a rotisserie
That I don’t find a toothsome sight --
And normally the price is right.


I bring one home and strip the skin
And eat it all -- I know it’s sin,
But when you’re dealing with such baste
You cannot beat such scrumptious taste.


A bird and baguette near at hand,
And I am Falstaff -- fat and grand.
No other chicken dish equates
With what that turning pole creates!




Trump Lawyer Demands Book

Critical of President Be Shelved



@rebeccaballhaus


The Donald would like to see checked
A book that shows him as suspect
In turning around
And being a clown --
How much will the author collect?  



FIGHTING CLIMATE CHANGE, ONE LAUNDRY LOAD AT A TIME.
From the New York Times

@stanleyreed12

I’m washing my clothes with enzymes;
It saves on the soap and the dimes.
But should it ferment
My shirts get the scent

Of beer and belated good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment