Monday, January 15, 2018

Missionary Email from San Clemente, California.

Dad,
Paula is about 6 ft, very slim, with long brown hair. I think she's from Madrid, but I can't be too sure about that....She does have quite a thick spanish accent when she speaks english, and is so kind to everyone. She's in high school right now, living with members and will go back to Spain at the end of the school year. She loves the young women's organization and is so excited about being baptized. Her family actually came to visit from Spain a few weeks ago, and everyone in the ward talked to them! It was great to see. They felt very welcomed, even though they didn't speak a lot of English. They sent an email to the family that Paula is staying with, who are members, saying how grateful they were that she was part of such a wonderful church. They are so supportive and I have high hopes that someday they will want to learn more and be baptized. They will be skyping in to watch her baptism, which is so awesome! 
I hope you continue to take care of yourself as much as you can. Thanks for your poems and stories; they keep me smiling :) 


Hello everyone!!
What a wonderful week it has been; filled with sunshine, and lots of rain, and an awesome baptism on Saturday where Elder Clayton of the 70 attended.... I could go on and on about all the miracles that I've seen this week, but I don't have a lot of time, so I'll just summarize. 
Lisa- a 55 year old spearfisher who has been learning about the church for 30 years- got baptized on Saturday, and a friend who had originally introduced her to the church 30 years ago came to baptize her! Then we had Elder Clayton of the 70 as a special surprise guest; he was the physician who delivered all three of Lisa's children and just so happened to be in the area on an assignment, so he popped down to San Clemente to attend the baptism and give a few remarks at the end. When Lisa saw him, she was so excited that she cried haha. My mind is still buzzing from that experience. I was just so overjoyed to see Lisa take that next step in her life. It brought back all the warm fuzzy feelings I felt when I got baptized at 8 years old :) 
We had a funny moment the other day where we were just walking on the street and saying hello to people, and there was this man in his garage and we were walking over to say hello, but right as we did it, he looked at us with a frown and held eye contact while pushing a button somewhere on the wall next to him that proceeded to shut the garage door in our faces. Haha that's maybe the hardest rejection I've received thus far, but as rejections go it's better than having a dog chase you. 
I have so much more to say and I never have enough time, but I want you all to know that I love you, I love God, and I love being a missionary :) Please don't ever be afraid to open your mouth and share what you know with your friends and family. We have so many blessings and we want others to receive those blessings too :) 

Have a great week!

Love, Sister Torkildson

No comments:

Post a Comment