Tuesday, August 6, 2019

In a laundry list of reasons why the United States is grappling with mass killings, an Ohio state lawmaker has settled on immigrants, same-sex marriage, transgender rights, disrespect toward veterans and “drag queen advocates.” (WaPo)



the reason, or rather reasons, I yelled at my dog yesterday include the Bay of Fundy, the Fed's intention to lower the interest rate, macaroni salad, and the loss of hearing in my right nostril.
but of course the main problem here is that I don't even own a dog. I yelled at my neighbor's dog, which is indicative of the fractured polity of things here in the United States. 
I would not have yelled at that particular dog if it had not given me the fish eye while I was out on my patio grilling a large juicy suspect. even then I could have let things slide except that I was daydreaming about the Marmalade Fields, wishing I could go there this fall on a Albanian Cruise Line ship with unlimited shrimp bar privileges -- and then that doggone dog next door had to intrude on my daydreams with its hangdog stare.
only, in the interests of truth, it was not so much a dog as it was a cat -- a stray cat that I had once tried to feed some spoiled liver to. it had turned up its nose at my kindly gesture, which is why I began planning a mass emailing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment