Friday, January 17, 2020

Photo Essay: Burt Gummer, Where are You?


After binge watching all 5 Tremors movies on Netflix,
I felt the cinder block walls of my apartment closing
in on me. Time to get out and hunt down some grub!
That's what Burt Gummer would do.


I see people are taking my lemon bars.
I made them from scratch this morning
and put them out in the back lobby with a 
card inviting anyone/everyone to have a piece.
As of 3:30 this afternoon there were only 3
pieces left.



Outside in the street there's this abandoned
sandwich board.
It's been there for two weeks now,
and I'm tempted to snag it for myself.
There's always something you can do
with a good sandwich board.


Ain't nature grand?



Walking east on 100 North. The wind is
as bitter as my ex-mother-in-law.



What does a giant rooster have to do with
a pawn shop? These are the kinds of 
mysteries that make walking fun.




The Pest House, where I used to work.



Ah, if I remember correctly, this place
serves up some good roast beef.





The place is pretty much deserted at 2 p.m.
on a Friday afternoon.





I ordered something called
'Frejol con Seco.'
Basically, pot roast supposedly bathed
in a rich cilantro sauce. I saw no
sign of any cilantro sauce, but the beef
went down well with the rice and some
mild salsa verde.


.

I reckon I'll come back here again the next time
I want a substantial cut of beef. I see they
have bistec con pappas fritas on the menu.

Stopped at Fresh Market on my way home for
a can of creamed corn. I'm gonna make fiesta
cornbread tomorrow morning, with a cheddar
cheese topping. I'll eat a big piece for breakfast,
and then leave the rest out in the lobby for 
whoever wants some.
Friday night is closing in on me, just like
the cinder block walls did earlier.
I don't feel very happy, not even with a belly
full of pot roast.
It's hell being all alone sometimes --
tonight I don't think I can be much
of a survivalist.
Burt Gummer, where are you when I need you?







No comments:

Post a Comment