Thursday, January 2, 2020

Verses from stories by Mitch Smith, Derek J. Hawkins, and Laura Daily.



Portrait of Mitch Smith
Mitch Smith. NYT.




ANONYMOUS DRONES INVADE
NEBRASKA/COLORADO.
@MitchKSmith

The drones are coming, coming, coming.
Their blades are humming, humming, humming.
In dark of night, where owls and bats
used to rule the farming flats,
the drones are flying, flying, flying.
Are they spying, spying spying?
Shoot 'em down, is what I say  --
before they steal a charolais!

**************************
ARCHAEOLOGISTS DISCOVER EVIDENCE
OF AMAZON WARRIOR WOMEN.
@D_Hawk

The female of the species,
as old Kipling always said,
protecting its own offspring
would as lief lay you out dead.

Ancient women warriors
are no surprise to me --
the darts my ex throws with her tongue
can sting just like a bee!

***********************

IS THE WORLD READY FOR AN
ADJUSTABLE PILLOW?
@lfdaily


I like my pillows lumpy
and I like my pillows flat;
I go to bed with my socks on
and sometimes wear a hat.
I will not be too pampered
when I lay me down to sleep;
give me some insomnia,
uncomfortable and cheap.
Otherwise I'd stay in bed
and never rise and shine;
I'd lose my job and starve to death --
all for a comfy spine!

No comments:

Post a Comment