Saturday, January 11, 2020

Verses from Stories by Dennis Overbye, Sean Sullivan, and Jon Levine

Dennis Overbye. NYT.

CLOSEST STAR TO EARTH ABOUT
TO BLOW ITS TOP!
@overbye

Betelgeuse is one strange star,
full of molten cinnabar.
Galvic rays from center core
bombard planets by the score.
And some kind of weird persona
dances on the white corona.
Actually, it's all a fib --
science tempts me to ad lib.
What that distant orb may do
won't keep me from a barbecue!

***************************
ANTI-WAR CANDIDATE BERNIE SANDERS
SAYS AMERICA SHOULD PULL ITS 
HORNS IN!
@WaPoSean

Cannon fodder ain't the way
I would wish to spend my day;
I'm not happy in the least
messing with the Middle East.
Bernie, if you truly can
foster peace -- then I'm you're man.
But I fear if you're elected
all your goals will be neglected,
since the White House seems to brake
even those most wide awake.

*************************
BRIT ROYALTY REFUSES 
TO USE SEAT BELTS!
@LevineJonathan

Careless Queen Elizabeth,
we'd hate to see you crash
and turn yourself into a bowl
of bloody Windsor hash.
Be kind to all your subjects
and please buckle up right now
before you hit the road again
and into Big Ben plow!




No comments:

Post a Comment