Sunday, January 12, 2020

Verses from stories by Cecilia Kang, Christopher Ingraham, and Joseph Marks.


Portrait of Cecilia Kang
Cecilia Kang. NYT.

NEWSPAPERS CONTINUE TO DISAPPEAR
ACROSS THE UNITED STATES
@ceciliakang

My hometown rag has disappeared
since profit it no longer cleared.
It's not that writers I would nuzzle --
but I sure miss the crossword puzzle!

*********************

NEW SURVEY SHOWS RICH PEOPLE
HAPPIER THAN EVERYONE ELSE.
 @_cingraham

Money don't buy happiness,
or so I have been told.
But still I wouldn't mind a bit
if I had lots of gold.
Subjected to the trials of wealth,
I think I could contrive
to smile a bit at my Monets
while chewing on endive.

************************************
TRUMP AND HIS DEFENSE SECRETARY
CAN'T GET THEIR STORIES STRAIGHT.
@Joseph_Marks_

Iran is such an awful place;
a sinkhole of the human race.
So when the Prez says they attack,
then Esper better have his back --
instead he feigns like he don't know
about invasions set to go.
No wonder Trump has gotten sore,
when his own staff won't lie no more!



No comments:

Post a Comment