Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Prose Poem: Texas Votes Washington Cyberattack Mass Shooting and Joe Biden Coronavirus Lab Leak with China John Krasinski.

 



It all started as I turned the corner

going home from Fresh Market.

It's a blind corner, and a girl on a bike

nearly crashed into me as I came up

to the corner.

It was a close shave.

That got me to thinking about how

dangerous that blind corner is.

They should put up one of those convex

mirrors or something, so people can see

if some mad bicyclist is careening towards

them.

But I don't know who to talk to about that,

and I doubt the city would do anything about 

it anyway.

So now when I go to Fresh Market I walk way

out in the parking lane when I take that turn, giving

the dangerous blind corner a wide berth.

Of course I'm blocking traffic, and I get some

dirty looks, but my life is worth more than some

moron's middle finger.

And now I take many more precautions

as well.

Because all movement and thought 

invites danger and discomfort.

So, even though I don't believe in it myself,

I wear an aluminum foil hat --

even to bed.

Laughable, yes. Ridiculous, certainly.

But . . . 

where there's smoke there's fire.

And I no longer use my computer

keyboard, or my computer for that matter.

All that electricity coursing through circuits

and microchips -- don't tell me there isn't 

a chance of getting electrocuted.

No -- paper and pencil are good enough for me.

I gave away my big screen TV.

You could feel the heat radiating from it

when you got close to it -- that can't be good.

I sit in a wooden chair.

I drink vinegar constantly.

I bathe in distilled water.

I've stopped going out.

My door is locked

and I sleep on the floor,

on a pile of old newspapers --

their wonderful old-fashioned 

printed words are a wall

around me.

I feel completely safe.

 Inertia is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment