Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The waters are come into my soul




Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.
I sink in deep mire, where there is no standing: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.
14 Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters.
Psalm 69:1 -2, 14.


Deliver me from dark thoughts and the terror of defeat.
Sunk in deep despair, I feel I'm drowning in deceit.
Is heaven out of service; am I too far gone to hold
that I can be delivered from this mire dark and cold?

No! Although the heavens hold no bright dawn for today.
No! Although I'm waterlogged with fear and deep dismay.
My prospects may be dimming and my strength a broken reed,
but I proclaim that Jesus Christ will answer every need!

Worthless servant that I am, so indolent and pale,
I yet work for a Master who is not about to fail.
I've cast my lot with thee, O Lord, and hope for unearned boon
when in thy ample vineyard thou will set about to prune.



No comments:

Post a Comment