Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Timericks from stories by Sarah Needleman, Sarah Mervosh, Maura Judkis, Jacob Gallagher, and Kim Severson.

Tim Torkildson, creator of the 'timerick' and alleged Mob boss.




Hash Browns With a Side of Hand Sanitizer: What Going to a Restaurant Is Like Now.
@saraheneedleman

When dining al fresco beware/the frumulous furious stare/of those wearing masks/who suddenly asks/where's YOUR veil, you anchovy pear?


Bars, Strip Clubs and Churches: U.S. Virus Outbreaks Enter Unwieldy Phase
@smervosh

Think I'll go to church today/It's full of germs -- what's that you say?/Then how about a little snort/The virus there will too cavort?/A strip club, then -- I might as well/get sick while going straight to hell.


Who will solve the great fireworks mystery, and will we ever sleep again?
@MauraJudkis

All across this acrid land/loud fireworks are in demand/The people do not want to vote/with little bombs they do revolt/The night is full of bursts and blasts/by suchnsane enthusiasts/Insomnia, you're here to stay/I think I'll move to Uruguay.




The Mullet is Back. Like It or Not.
@jacobwgallagher

And so the world of stylish hair/dreams of mullets in nightmare/Looking like a horse's mane/mullets always were insane/Now they're back/and I'm appalled/I wish the whole wide world were bald.


Ballpark peanuts, a classic summer treasure, have been benched.
@kimseverson

Gone are the goobers, gone from the game.
Pandemic life just got awfully lame.
The stadium's silent, with dust devil whirls;
The smell of roast peanuts as rare as black pearls.
What I wouldn't give for those big salty nuts
as I told the umpire he was a klutz.
I guess to the market I'll go for a bag
and eat 'em while watching more Netflixing slag.





No comments:

Post a Comment