Saturday, June 27, 2020

Timericks from stories by Veronica Dagher, Bruce Veldhuisen, Alex Janney, Matt Richtel, and Maria Cramer.

The Provo Museum of Mail Art is moving to new quarters in Ban Phe, Thailand.




How to Rethink Your Budget With Just One Income.
@VeronicaDagher

One-income fam'lies are the drift/as ev'ryone must practice thrift/Cuz jobs have gone right down the drain/and are not coming back again/I think the dads should be the ones/who stay home making sticky buns/They'll teach the kids proficiency/in snacking while they watch TV.



Going Up? Not So Fast: Strict New Rules to Govern Elevator Culture.
@mrichtel


Elevators simply breed/virus like a common weed/I will not take them up or down/I'd rather meet a scary clown/I'll wheeze a bit upon the stairs/Please notify prospective heirs.




Is It Safe to Go Back to the Dentist?
@NYTimesCramer

Is it safe to go back to the Dentist?
I've never heard such a remark!
You think going off to the Dentist
is just a snug walk in the park?
Their tools are a chamber of horrors;
their smile is a false as a croc's.
When digging around your own pearlies,
you feel it right down to your socks.
I welcome pandemical reasons
to put off my next interview.
My mouth will not be their arena
to show off their darn jujitsu!  

1 comment: