Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Timericks from stories by Micah Maidenberg, Annie Gasparro, Julia-Ambra Verlaine, and Brian X. Chen.

Tim Torkildson, inventor of Timericks, and CEO of Rent-a-Mime.



Aunt Jemima to be Dropped Over Origins in Racial Stereotype
@Annie_Gasparro   @MicahMaidenberg

So long Aunt Jemima and goodbye to Uncle Ben/You are a reminder of our racist businessmen/Nowadays our images must be so squeaky clean/that even jolly giants can no longer display green.



The Upside of Lockdowns: Finally Time to Read ‘War and Peace’
@JAVerlaine

I never have read War and Peace/I do not think I'll start it/No matter what the critics say/I cannot grow to heart it.



Tackling the Unsolvable Problem: The Bottomless Email Inbox
@bxchen

I've got so many emails
my inbox is a mess.
I've got a million of 'em,
or even more I guess.
The world and all its birdbrains
must talk to me it seems --
The spam alone is countless;
I can't suppress my screams.
Then friends and fam'ly crowd me
with photos, memes, and quotes --
I'd like to put my fingers
around their little throats.
How nice if I could backtrack
to pioneering times --
communicate by pigeon
and only spend some dimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment