Friday, June 26, 2020

Timericks from stories by Talal Ansari, Terry Teachout, Aaron Blake, and N'dea Yancey.

Tim Torkildson, creator of the 'timerick,' and all around mensch.



Texas Governor Rolls Back Reopening as U.S. Virus Cases Hit Record.
@TalalNAnsari

The governor of Texas is in quite a pretty pickle/Coronavirus cases are no longer just a trickle/He's shutting down the state again to impede further illness/Constituents don't care to go back to that awful stillness/The Gov can either plump for health or let all bizness thrive/the problem is that if he caves there's no one left alive.



What makes a summer movie?
@TerryTeachout1

What makes a summer movie is a monster in the lake/or a clutch of aliens with bug eyes not too fake/There must be lots comedy, and just a pinch of sex/with nothing too cerebral that our puny minds would vex/Stir it all together with a box of Raisinets/Then keep the Coke a-flowin' and I'll have no vain regrets.


The 11 most logical picks for Joe Biden’s vice president, ranked.
@AaronBlake

I think Joe Biden ought to see/that I would make a great VP/I'm honest as the day is long/I've never even touched a bong/I'm liberal but not too crazed/and Elon Musk leaves me unfazed/So Joe why not give me a whirl/oh wait -- he can't -- I'm not a girl!


A very smelly durian fruit sent six people 
to the hospital and caused a post office
 to evacuate.
@NdeaYanceyBragg

A durian ripe on the tree/is nearly a grave felony/
Don't bring it indoors/You may soil your drawers/
It crawls up your nose like a flea!


No comments:

Post a Comment