Monday, June 15, 2020

Timericks from stories by Tom Burton, Sam Schechner, and Jesse Newman.



Creator of the 'timerick.'  Tim Torkildson. 





FDA Pulls Emergency Covid-19-Use Approval for Two Malaria Drugs Touted by Trump
@TomBurtonWSJ

Anything that Trump okays/is probably just mayonnaise/The nodding heads with noses brown/that prick their foreheads on his crown/are doing us a lot of harm/and lack their leader's crusty charm/If Trump says 'stop' then I say 'go'/His 'wait' is my 'Geronimo!'


Once Pariahs, Location-Tracking Firms Pitch Themselves as Covid Sleuths
@samschech


Location tracking firms/are chasing all our germs/Like Santa's own doodad/they note our good and bad/The data they collect/they then start to dissect/with ev'ry new furlong/my soul is their ping-pong.



Why Milk’s Best Sales in a Decade Won’t
Save Struggling Dairy Farmers
@jessenewman13


The dairy farmer is my pal/for he provides the rationale/for ice cream sundaes, buttered toast/the cottage cheese on which I coast/May God save dairies and their ilk/cuz I recoil from almond milk!




No comments:

Post a Comment