Friday, December 24, 2021

A letter from Tim Holst.

 Back in June of 1980 I received a letter from my old pal Tim Holst. We were First of Mays together with Ringling Brothers Circus, and he was instrumental in introducing me to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I discovered this old letter today while going through some circus photographs. So here it is, unabridged and unedited.  


Dear Tork,

Jeff & I are rattling around this ol'show, disturbed& frustrated cuz there have been few lines penned from Provo. It concerns us . . . Have you taken marriage too seriously??? Are you dead???

Have you changed friends??? Do we have bad breath?? Are we mere mongrels by comparison to those in the academic world?  Or, does your wife have you tied to household chores or gardening?  Have you been forced to do something against your will?  Like, like, like . . . now let me see . . . . Aw nuts, we just plain miss hearing from you . . .  Have you heard of more than one baby Holst?

All the Polish folks have been drunk for three days since the strike ended.

Clown college starts Sept 15th. Contracts are coming, and so are the Saturday Blues.

Till you hear from me again,

Your friend,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment