Saturday, December 11, 2021

Today's Timerick: Overdraft Fees Enrich Banks, and the Biden Administration Wants Less of That

 


I stopped off at my bank today;

some little fees I had to pay.

For running up a paltry bill

that was not covered by their till.


The teller gave me such a look;

she put me on a tenterhook.

The manager came out to scowl

at me like I was something foul.


A guy in a black ski mask swung

an ax that made me lose my tongue.

They surely would not punish me

for such a teeny tiny fee?


Up in heaven, where I went,

I saw it was no accident.

Accountants by St Peter's side

my overdraft would not let slide.


And so they sent be Down Below,

where flames leap with a fiendish glow.

In a thousand years, I guess,

my balance they will reassess.


And if I am not overdrawn

asbestos long johns I can don.

While with a quill I add up sums

as dragons nibble on my thumbs.


Beware, ye mortals, of what banks

will give you (and it's not their thanks!)

when you exceed their balance sheet.

It will not be the Mercy Seat!





No comments:

Post a Comment