Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Today's Timerick: My New Years' Resolution

 


My New Years' resolution is to eat more garlic bread.

To wallow in anchovies and kick Banksy in the head.

I have resolved to sleep in until it is time for brunch,

and let my hair grow out until I need to use a scrunch.

I'm gonna climb Mount Everest without a Sherpa guide

and light a candle for Will Hay to make him sanctified.

I'm moving to Hawaii near a lava lake as well

so when the neighbors visit I can throw them right in . . .

Tell me something, reader; don't you ever wish that you

had New Years' resolutions on which you could follow through?

Like growing lots of skin tags, gaining weight, or no more socks.

Sitting in a beanbag chair dismantling cheap clocks?

If I must really tell the truth, the only thing that I

am bound to do this New Year is to soon emulsify. 


No comments:

Post a Comment