Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Rent-a-Poet.

 


Times are tough all over.  

The Torkildsons have been impacted by the runaway inflation just like everyone else.  Our lifestyle has contracted accordingly.   Willy-nilly, Amy and I must embrace the gig economy to continue to live in modest and decent comfort.

So today, while Amy was toiling temporarily at H&R Block, I came up with this paragraph:

Wife to be laid off in April. Am offering my services as rent-a-poet to help us pay rent/buy food. Five dollars for six lines of verse. This is not a joke -- and neither is inflation! Serious replies only. Please help a soon-to-be-starving artist!
 

 And posted it to 64 journalists who have 'liked' my poems on Twitter.

I don't really know what kind of response I expected.  But here are the responses I got back so far:

 

Replying to
I'll vouch for the quality of this man's verse!
 
 
John Schwartz liked your Tweet
 
 
Replying to
I'm unemployed and broke, my friend. Best of luck, and may things improve.
 
 
 
Replying to
I'm sorry to hear.
 
 
 
Retweeted your Tweet
 
 
 
Andrew Ackerman liked your Tweet
 
 
 
 
Andrew J. Campa Retweeted your Tweet
 
 
 
Andrew J. Campa liked your Tweet
 
 
 
Replying to
Oh no! I’m so sorry.
 
 
 
liked your Tweet
 
   
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment