Friday, February 10, 2023

Prose Poem: Travis M. Andrews, meet the REAL Jeff Goldblum!

 


It's not that I have anything against

the reporter Travis M. Andrews.

I don't. I read his stuff all the time

in the Washington Post.

 

But I have to say I was put out

when he published his book

about Jeff Goldblum.

Without talking to me.

 

Because, you see, I am 

the real Jeff Goldbum.

I have the birth certificate

to prove it.

 

I made all those movies.

I lead the Mildred Snitzer Orchestra.

Did all the video games.

And started my own theater group.

 

That guy Andrews interviewed

is my stand-in. My stunt double.

How the mix up occurred 

is an unfathomable puzzle. 

 

I thought about suing

or, at least, egging his office.

But, nah -- Andrews writes so well

it's a pleasure to read his book.

 

Even though I regard it as fiction.

 

******************************************

to which Mr. Andrews replied via email:

"Tim! It’s been far too long. So happy to hear from you, and loved the poem as always! I award it five Goldblums."

No comments:

Post a Comment