Friday, March 17, 2017

Restaurant Review: Hruska's Kolaches. Provo, Utah.


After a restless night filled with dreams of rubber chicken gizzards I flowed out of bed at 5, unable to sleep another wink. splashing water on my face did very little to rekindle signs of sentient life, so I took my morning pills and looked out at the predawn murk, searching for inspiration, for something to give meaning to my pointless existence -- and then it came to me: Kolaches! I would hie down to Hruska's Kolaches for an early morning refection.

at six thirty in the morning the place was already crowded,which made me wonder where do all these dark-loving creatures come from? Surely no one in their right mind has to be this early to go to work? So I assume they are all vampires getting takeout for their coffins.

the crew was busy with baking green buns in honor of St Patrick's Day -- but the dye unfortunately sank into the middle of each kolache bun; the outsides remained brown.


I got a bacon, egg, cheese kolache for $1.49.  it was hot and well-crammed, so no complaints there. I ate it out on their dinky patio, in the dark. eating in the dark is a sort of Nietzschean activity; it kept me from enjoying the sunrise as I walked over to the Provo Rec Center for a swim and soak in the hot tub. Now that I'm back home I am in a lower case mood. eat at Hruska's if you want, and if you don't want, it doesn't matter. nothing matters; except a foot massage in Thailand.

P.S. don't go too early to Hruska's; they don't put out the full variety until about 7:15.


No comments:

Post a Comment