Friday, February 16, 2018

Ledes & Limericks. Friday February 16 2018




From the Columbia Journalism Review

Reporters come with hat in fist
Looking for a donor list.
They’re so busy seeking gifts
They must work in double shifts.
Happy is the writer who
Isn’t in a begging queue.


MOVIES MADE IN CHINA TRICKLE INTO US THEATERS


I think that it is pretty slick
When I see a Chinese flick
To watch dragons and kung fu
Mixed up in a filmic stew.


They keep sex to just a kiss,
And at villains you can hiss.
I can’t say the music’s nice
And the plots are imprecise.


But there’s always fights galore
And Liu Tao I do adore.
If only they could learn to keep
The subtitles from looking cheap.

Food makers on Friday said they remain under pressure as
consumers hunt for healthier meals and snacks.
 From the Wall Street Journal.


The healthier snacks that I want,
Sans candy and chips and croissant,
That are good for me,
Like maybe green tea,
Are leaving me hungry and gaunt.


THE CUTTLEFISH


I really do not think I wish
To ever be a cuttlefish.
Though they can change their shape at will,
All they get to eat is krill.
I’d rather be a vampire squid
And suck my meals from swimming kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment