Saturday, February 10, 2018

Ledes & Limericks. Saturday February 10 2018



Boston Herald columnist

suspended after being duped

by radio listener posing as

Tom Brady’s agent

 from the Washington Post



Reporters would do well to stay
Unmoved by some communique
From online sources hinting scoop --
Until gazed at through jeweler's loupe
To determine if the case
Is concrete or just made of lace.
Never trust a solid lead
Until a cynic will proofread.





I often give up on myself
And want to be put on the shelf.
But God and His Son
Are not yet quite done
With this roly poly old elf!


There is no logo on my hat.
My t-shirt is plain white and flat.
I sport no label on my jeans.
My shoes are blank by any means.
I ain’t your crummy billboard, friend,

Unless on me some bucks you spend.



From the LATimes


I’ve got a tat of Mickey on my chest that’s very bright.
On my back in pastels I have beautiful Snow White.
Goofy’s on my right arm, on my left is Donald Duck --
As for Minnie, well -- if you could see her you might cluck!



No comments:

Post a Comment