Monday, February 12, 2018

The Inside Home Gardener



It started with some seedlings on the kitchen counter, but
Then I thought twould be so nice to have fresh coconut --
And so I potted palms along the hallways here and there.
Then trellised all the bedrooms for a luscious Anjou pear.

The bathroom is just right for cauliflower and some leeks.
I’ve mulched the basement so that collard greens will grow for weeks.
The Brussels sprouts are lovely in the living room this year.
The hops inside the closets will make gallons of craft beer!

I hardly go out shopping now that I can cultivate
The freshest herbs and veggies right inside my own estate.
Of course the wife has left and venus flytraps ate the kids,

But what care I so long as I can spray those darn aphids!

No comments:

Post a Comment