Thursday, February 8, 2018

Ledes & Limericks. Thursday February 8 2018



 From Forbes  


Reporters will soon be protected;
Whenever a threat is detected
Against their welfare,
The felon will stare
Through bars just for being suspected.




As a boy my eagle eye ne’er missed a fallen coin;
From mud and dust and even slush I gladly would purloin.
And when I grew to manhood and would stroll the boulevard
I still would cast my glance about, for pennies looking hard.
That certain glint upon cement, that blink of hidden wealth,
Put me in fine fettle and the very pink of health.
But now I’m roly poly and my avarice is hewn --
I wouldn’t stoop for anything, not even gold doubloon!



A televangelist’s flu-season advice:

‘Inoculate yourself with the word of God’

 from the Washington Post

You may have the faith to move a mountain, my dear child,
Or still the roaring lions out upon the jungle wild.
But just because the doctor and his needle make you yell
Is certainly no reason to ask him to go to hell.
God may be the master of the microbe and the germ,
But He made me your parent -- so I’m gonna be quite firm.
You’re getting vaccinated, and inoculated, too;
So hold your breath, my little saint, until you’re turning blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment