Monday, February 12, 2018

Ledes & Limericks. Monday February 12 2018



So Far, the Stock Market Looks More Like

1998 Than 2007

Predicting the stock market is
Something that even a whiz
Cannot do too well,
And so I would smell
A rat when I’m promised a fizz.


Who’s at the Door? College Officials Delivering

Your Acceptance in Person

(Sometimes With a Dog)



A brilliant young student received
A letter from college all sleeved
In gold parchment, plus
Her own mini-bus
Because of the score she achieved.



From Al Jazeera

I KNEW reporters, in cahoots with ev’ry crooked pol,
Were whitewashing the news for us with such amazing gall!
‘Fake news,’ forsooth! I bet that stuff is actually true,
While suborned journos wrap themselves in red and white and blue!
I’m stopping my subscriptions -- it’s talk radio for me;

That’s the place to find out what’s gone wrong with our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment